Thursday, October 27, 2011

Richard Watson Redmon line

Today I spent a lot of time working on working on the Redmon family. Basically all I knew was that Daisy Lou Shubert's maiden name was Redmon and she had a brother named Richard Henry Redmon, whose obituary I had recently come across from 2007 on the internet.
Working with that I was able to locate her parents: Elige S. Redmon and Bessie Smith, buried at Grey Hill Cemetery in Commerce. I was able to trace Elige S. Redmon back to Richard Watson Redman (1848-aft 1920) and Mary Jane Kinsey (1858-circa 1897). I am stumped as to where Richard and Mary Jane are buried, but suspect it could be White County GA.
The Richard Bud Redmon (1866-1927) buried at Grey Hill seemed like an obvious match for Richard Watson Redman at first; however, the Richard I'm looking for was born nearly 18 years earlier. Of course tombstones are frequently wrong, so I'll need to interview some descendants to see where Elige's parents are buried.

No comments: